Got a kid interested in Technology? Bring them to the Gankplank Jr track at Code Camp Jr. taking place at Desert Code Camp.
Schedule for the day
|Time ||Event |
|9:00 ||Registration |
|9:30 ||Programming with Scratch |
|9:45 ||Free time with Scratch |
|10:15 ||Kid free play time |
|10:45 ||Lego Mindstorm NXT |
|11:30 ||Lego Mindstorm NXT free play time |
|12:00 ||Lunch provided by Gangplank Jr. |
|1:00 ||Circuits |
|1:45 ||Free time with circuits and electronics |
|3:00 ||Wrap up |
|3:15 ||Free time with the computers |
Computers will be provided, feel free to bring a laptop if you have.
Lunch will be provided by Gangplank Jr.
If you have any Ardunio sets or Lego Mindstorm NXT sets feel free to bring them.
Register to attend: codecampjr2009.eventbrite.com
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Recommended for kids from 4-18 years of age.
It is recommended that the kids are at reading age.
* Schedule is subject to change.
Phoenix Geek Tag was a minor success so I decided to put together another Geek outing in October. Most likely October 20th starting around 6pm. I have narrowed it down to two places.
Option 1: Bowling in Gilbert at Brunswick Lanes
- Bowling with bowling shoes for two hours.
- Drinks (alcoholic and non) are not included.
- Food is not included. Approximate cost: $15 / person plus food.
Option 2: GameWorks in Tempe
- One or two hour game card (depending on package)
- Private room for socializing and networking
- Choice of 7 different meal options
- Unlimited fountain drinks
- Each person can pay separately for their own extra food / drink. Approximate cost: $15 - $25 a person
Leave your comments as to which you prefer. I would like to book the place on Monday.