When they put the word Unleashed in this title they were not kidding. This book has everything (or at least everything I needed) as
it pertains to SharePoint development. Most books concentrate on building SharePoint sites, creating lists, setting permissions but not this book.
This book looks at how to work with SharePoint through it’s .NET objects and Web Services.
A must if you are developing against SharePoint.
- Use CAML, SharePoint’s XML-based language for defining content, manipulating searches, and more
- Work with the SharePoint Object Model
- Build reusable packages for easy deployment to SharePoint server farms
- Program SharePoint webs, sites, document libraries, and files
- Leverage SharePoint 2007’s improved lists and new list events
- Manipulate and query meetings and Meeting Workspaces
- Integrate external business data into SharePoint applications
- Construct business workflows for enterprise content management and other applications
- Program ASP.NET-based SharePoint Web Parts, from the basics to state-of-the-art techniques
- Create Web Parts that can provide and consume data through connections
- Use SharePoint 2007’s built-in Web services for managing document and Meeting Workspaces, imaging, and lists
- Centralize spreadsheet storage and management with Excel Services
- Manage user profiles and enhance application security
- Debug and deploy SharePoint 2007 applications
- Work with Records Repositories and metadata