Framework Design Guidelines: Conventions, Idioms, and Patterns for Reusable .NET Libraries
You should go out and buy this book this book immediately. This is the perfect desktop reference for designing components and base class libraries. What better way to learn how to design / implement a library then from the Program Manager would designed the .NET framework.
By the end of the book you will learn:
- The general philosophy of framework design
- Principles and guidelines that are fundamental to overall framework design
- Naming guidelines for the various parts of a framework, such as namespaces, types, and members
- Guidelines for the design of types and members of types
- Issues and guidelines that are important to ensure appropriate extensibility in your framework
- Guidelines for working with exceptions, the preferred error reporting mechanism in the .NET Framework and WinFX
- Guidelines for extending and using types that commonly appear in frameworks
- Guidelines for and examples of common framework design patterns
Share onTwitter Facebook LinkedIn Reddit
Like what you read?
Please consider sponsoring this blog.