ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem – Design – Solution (Programmer to Programmer)
This is a GREAT book for anyone getting starting in ASP.NET. It covers everything you need to create an ASP.NET web site. Hey, the first version of this website was built based on the content of this book.
The topics covered:
- Account registration, personalization and theming
- News and events, organized into categories
- Opinion polls
- E-commerce store with shopping cart and order management
Administration of a site will be covered including:
- Full online back-end administrative section, to manage practically all data from an intuitive user interface
- Site deployment
In building these site features, you’ll learn these new ASP.NET 2.0 features:
- Master pages
- Personalization & Web parts
- Membership & Profile modules
- The new server-side UI controls such as GridView, DetailsView, FormView, Wizard, MultiView, the new xxxDataSource and navigation controls, among others.
- The new compilation mode and deployment modes
- The new framework for instrumenting the site, as well as handling & logging exceptions
- The new ADO.NET 2.0 features (e.g. caching with database dependency)
- The new classes for easy distributed transactions Management
Share onTwitter Facebook LinkedIn Reddit
Like what you read?
Please consider sponsoring this blog.