My first Code Camp is done and I wanted to jot down some of the lessons I learned.
Bring EXTRA equipment!
You will never now what people will want or need. Here’s a list of items that are good to have.
- DVI to VGA (those MACs)
- HDMI to VGA
- Multiple video to VGA
- CAT5 cables
- USB Cables
- USB Flash drive
- Speakers will cancel. It is an unfortunate fact.
- Don’t allow one speaker to speak at more than 3 sessions. This reduces your risk in case of cancellation and prevents speaker fatigue.
Printed schedules are good to have and good to hang. Also add speaker names to the presentations.
People like and want them.
- WIFI is key. A reliable and unobtrusive WiFi connection is best.
- You need to be able handle last minute room changes
- Make sure you provide the person(s) that are ordering the food explicit instructions on the food.
- Try to have more than just pizza.
- You should have vegetarian and vegan options.
And remember you are not going to be able to make EVERYONE happy.
Share onTwitter Facebook LinkedIn Reddit
Like what you read?
Please consider sponsoring this blog.