I am pleased to announce the date for Desert Code Camp 2010.2, aka Nov2010 code camp. It will take place Saturday, November, 13th, 2010.
There are a few changes to this camp.
New Web Site
The website has been changed to accommodate history in the Desert Code Camps. This means that each Code Camp will have its own URL, so you can see what sessions have taken place in the past.
This Desert Code Camp’s, 2010.2, URL is http://nov2010.desertcodecamp.com and is ready to accept sessions.
May 2010 Desert Code Camp, 2010.1 Desert Code Camp, is http://may2010.desertcodecamp.com. I am in the process of adding in the Desert Code Camps from 2009. You can go to http://desertcodecamp.com to get the list of Code Camps that the site has.
- This facility is right off of the Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Gilbert Road at the intersection of Gilbert Rd and Pecos Rd, in Chandler, AZ.
- The facility provides plenty of free parking
- There is free wifi with no requirements or software installed on your pc.
- There is a student center for socializing and networking.
- Modern facilities. In fact, Desert Code Camp will most likely take place in their brand new Ironwood Hall (IRN).
- Larger room sizes. We will be able to hold several 120+ sessions.
I am going to try and have a speaker dinner also at this Desert Code Camp. The speaker dinner will take place on Friday night, pending a sponsor. More information will be provided when we get closer. If you want to sponsor the speaker dinner for about 40 people, send me an email at jguadagno @ sevdnug.org.
We are working with the City of Chandler, and local businesses downtown to have several after parties going on in Downtown Chandler after the Code Camp. Downtown Chandler is approximately 3 miles away from Chandler-Gilbert Community College.
If you want to help, shoot me an email at jguadagno @ sevdnug.org.
This Desert Code Camp we want you to use all of the Social Media avenues you can. We have the following:
Hope to see you there!