I posted on Twitter today that Desert Code Camp is not happening this year. The venue that we use, Chandler-Gilbert Community College is going through some renovations and just could not fit us in this year, unfortunately. A few people asked what we would need from a venue to help make the Desert Code Camp happen. I put together a list below:
- Should be able to support 700-900 people (it grows about 100 people every Code Camp)
- Should have at least 15 rooms
- Rooms should have a projector
- At least seven rooms should be able to accommodate 30 people
- At least three rooms should be able to accommodate 75 people
- Preferably have three rooms that can support 100+ people.
- There should be a large area to host breakfast, lunch, and a sponsor area for all of the attendees
- The venue should have reliable WiFi for the attendees
- Preferably free or very low-cost since this event is free
Some nice to have:
- A room/venue large enough to hold all of the attendees for an opening and closing keynote.
- Amble (free) parking for the attendees.
If you have any questions or would like to throw your venue in the hat, please reach out to me.