Desert Code Camp
I posted on Twitter today that Desert Code Camp is not happening this year. The venue that we use, Chandler-Gilbert Community College is going through some renovations and just could not fit us in this year, unfortunately. A few people asked what we would need from a venue to help make the Desert Code Camp happen. I put together a list below:
- Should be able to support 700-900 people (it grows about 100 people every Code Camp)
- Should have at least 15 rooms
- Rooms should have a projector
- At least seven rooms should be able to accommodate 30 people
- At least three rooms should be able to accommodate 75 people
- Preferably have three rooms that can support 100+ people.
- There should be a large area to host breakfast, lunch, and a sponsor area for all of the attendees
- The venue should have reliable WiFi for the attendees
- Preferably free or very low-cost since this event is free
Some nice to have:
- A room/venue large enough to hold all of the attendees for an opening and closing keynote.
- Amble (free) parking for the attendees.
If you have any questions or would like to throw your venue in the hat, please reach out to me.
Share onTwitter Facebook LinkedIn Reddit
Like what you read?
Please consider sponsoring this blog.